Once again, it has been a while….and by a while, I mean since May 27, 2014! Time flies by when you’re having fun…or working…or just not taking time to yourself in which most of us simply do not do enough. So, once again, I’m going to try this blog…for myself and for anyone who enjoys reading it…
In the beginning of the year (2014), I wrote and proposed some things that I wanted to try to do/accomplish for 2014. I’m quite disappointed in myself. Here is what I stated in that blog with explanations if I completed or not:
“So here is SOME of what I would like to try for 2014..(or New Years Resolutions as some call it) Of course, I may not be able to do all of these, but that is what other years are for…
- I would like to learn to drive stick-INCOMPLETE
- I would like to go to a shooting range and learn to shoot-INCOMPLETE
- I would like to learn/go snowboarding-INCOMEPLETE
- I would like to go zip lining-COMPLETED (indoor zip lining in Kentucky)
- I would like to go bungee jumping (really quite scared to do this one)-INCOMPLETE
- I would like to go to a concert (Yes, believe it or not, I’ve never been to one!)-COMPLETED! (Michael Buble-Melbourne Australia)
- I would like to go to a state that I’ve never been too (Arizona, Texas, Maine?)-INCOMPLETE (Believe it or not)
- I would like to learn how to crochet-INCOMPLETE
- I would like to take line dancing classes or attend a square dance-INCOMPLETE
- I would like to try Grates wings (A well known local joint in Fremont, my home town-INCOMPLETE
- Eat healthier- COMPLETED (Finally and working out 5 days a week!)
- Get more organized-COMPLETED (A start anyways)
- & my favorite…Laugh more & Cry Less….”-COMPLETED! “
As you can see…I didn’t get many of these done….which is a shame. However, the year isn’t over yet. I still have time to complete these. So, if anyone is willing and able to assist me, guide me, or join me in any of the above resolutions to complete before the New Year, LETS GO!
*Key West, FL- Was able to bar hope, and make it to the Southern Most Point in the United States
*Grand Cayman- Snorkeled in the ocean and swam with stingrays *Jamaica- Climbed Dunn’s River Falls (Waterfall)
*Sydney, Australia- journeyed there by myself this time with no family members
*Melbourne, Australia- Went to my first concert, tried Indian food, went to local bars & the city
*Honolulu, Hawaii- Saw Sea Turtles, marine base, North Shore, ate Hawaiian shrimp & swordfish, hiked diamond head and other local spots, stayed in a hostel
*Maui- Completed the single lane road to Hana, saw numerous waterfalls, saw the only black sand beach
*San Diego, CA- Saw the treacherous forest fires that were burning all over the city
*Chicago, IL- Went to the Zoo
* Louisville, KY- Went indoor zip lining in the caves
*Put In Bay, OH- Went Kayaking for my first time
*Bahamas- TBD (Cruise Dec 13)
*St. Thomas- TBD (Cruise Dec 13)
*San Juan- TBD (Cruise Dec 13)
*Grand Turk- TBD (Cruise Dec 13)
It’s evident that I love to travel. It’s obvious that I love the beach. And it’s abnormal how I live my life. But, if there is anything that I have come to conclusion with, it’s that, I enjoy the life I live.
It hasn’t been easy coming to this conclusion but it fits with my lifestyle. I work many seasonal jobs that have allowed me the availability to take trips. It has been sometimes (and by sometimes…I mean almost all the time) hard to understand. A lot of my friends (Now mid-twenties) have full time jobs, houses, kids, and what I like to call stability. It took me a while to understand that my plan of getting out of college, getting a full time job, moving out of Ohio, getting married, having kids, ect ect ect was a plan…..and in life, our plans don’t always go the way we want them too. My plan now, is to just live my life because truth is, I am stable, I am working, I am making it on my own….just in my own kind of way….and to be honest, that is okay to do.
My life: It’s hectic. It’s uncertain. It’s scary. And….it’s very different from most. But, it’s my life. I live, I learn, and I take nothing for granted. I travel to learn. I travel to explore. I travel to meet people. I live my life because I can and most of all…I am able too!
I hope to keep you all updated on my future endeavors, words of wisdom, beliefs on current, past, and future issues with this blog. Please let me know if you would like to hear, see, or have me write about anything specific. Now, who’s ready to help complete my “New Year’s Resolutions” before the end of the year?